So, I wanted to do some movie reviews of the movies that I’ve watched so far this year. But, I didn’t really want to do a full length review, and that’s when I came across something called a mini review. So I will be jotting down a small paragraph about each movie with my thoughts and no plot summary’s. There won’t be any spoilers seeing as these reviews are so short.
- Beauty and the Beast (2017) – I have only watched this movie once at the cinema and it was an amazing remake of the classic 1991 Beauty and the Beast. I loved the animation of the movie, all the staff as household items definitely looked realistic! Emma Watson as Belle did a great job but honestly I preferred her in Harry Potter. The dance numbers didn’t feel too forced or too out of place and it just flowed. I loved this movie a lot and will certainly be watching it again soon (maybe I’ll even buy it!)
- Bigger Fatter Liar (2017) – So this is another remake, this time of the 2002 Big Fat Liar starring Frankie Muniz and Amanda Bynes. I thought that this was a really funny film without trying too hard. I watched it mainly because it’s got Ricky Garcia in it and he’s in my fave band plus I’ve got the biggest celeb crush on him! It was basically just the same as the original but it has different actors and it has been modernized to today’s times. I still loved it though! I loved the part where Kevin took his best friend Becca around to buy lots of expensive stuff, so funny!
- Boss Baby (2017) – This movie had a really clever and unique story line that I loved and it was so funny. It’s told from the kid’s point of view so naturally it had a naive and funny point of view. I loved how the baby was perceived as being a adult boss in a baby’s body. I guess young kids who get a baby sibling think that the baby really is the boss of the family. I also liked the opening sequence where the baby’s are sorted to either be a boss or a normal baby. I was honestly a bit confused until I realized that it was told from a kid’s point of view and that he has a huge imagination. Even though it is a kids movie I really enjoyed it.
- Everything, Everything (2017) – This movie was based off the popular novel of the same name by Nicola Yoon, a novel that I loved so I was a bit nervous about watching it. I was pleasantly surprised though and I found I loved it. It was amazing watching the book come to life and I felt that the characters were all played well by the right actors. Maddy and Olly had a budding forbidden romance and while none of that stuff would happen in real life if you had the illness that Maddie had, it was still portrayed beautifully.
- The Hitman’s Bodyguard (2017) – I honestly have no idea why I watched this movie, my boyfriend and I went to see it the other day and I thought that it would not be my type of film at all. However, I found that I did kind of enjoy it despite my reservations. I felt that it was incredibly graphic and the shootings and killings were so realistic (it didn’t seem fake). There was a lot of blood, funny moments and *gasp* Ryan Reynolds! The fast paced action with the funny remarks made it a worthwhile film experience.
Have you seen any of these movies? What are some of the movies that you’ve been enjoying recently?